-Summer may be winding down, but grilling season isn’t. As long as the weather is warm and the skies are sunny, Californians will be outside with their grills, barbecues, friends and families. California has a long grilling season and a long fire season. The team from Wildhorse Propane & Appliances, serving Carmel’s propane needs, wants everyone to enjoy these days before winter rains arrive and to be safe.
Before putting the grill away from winter, here are some safety tips to help make sure you and yours safely enjoy fine time and fine food for the rest of the season. Whether you are grilling with propane or wood, here are some steps to keep you safe:
- Have a fire extinguisher handy and know how to use it.
- Clean the cooking surface before lighting up to reduce debris catching fire.
- Keep children and pets a safe distance away from the grill.
- Make sure there are no tree branches, patio umbrellas, or other things that overhang the grill and might catch fire.
- Don’t wear loose clothing around open flames, especially long, loose sleeves.
- Use long-handled tools, heat-resistant gloves and sturdy nonflammable pans and trays for transferring food to and from the grill.
- Don’t leave the fire unattended.
- Make sure the grill has completely cooled off before covering it.
Here is some extra advice from the Carmel propane team if you are grilling with propane:
- Check all of the propane connections for leaks. Tighten loose connections, but if they don’t tighten and the propane is still leaking, do not use that grill.
- Start with a full tank of propane. It’s unsafe to try to change a propane tank when fire is present.
Located in King City, CA, Wildhorse Propane & Appliances has been delivering propane to residences, businesses, farms, and ranches throughout the Central Coast for over 30 years. The family-owned and operated company is the best local source for household propane appliances and the recognized local expert for gas line installation.
Just about everyone who enjoys life outdoors, also enjoys cooking outdoors. What better way to do that than with an outdoor kitchen? If a full kitchen isn’t in your immediate budget, rely on the Wildhorse sales staff to make recommendations for the best propane appliances to get your outdoor kitchen started. The staff can help with short and long-term plans so you can budget for what you want.
Along with delivering propane to Carmel and communities throughout California’s Central Coast, they carry a full line of top-brand appliances, deliver and install the appliances for you, and if you need gas lines extended for your outdoor kitchen, Wildhorse Propane does that too.