Castroville Propane Service
A leading supplier of propane to Castroville and the surrounding communities, Wildhorse Propane has been meeting the propane needs for homes, businesses and farms and ranches for over 30 years. We are a family owned business and take pride in our friendly, professional and affordable service. We are dedicated to the top quality service and safety for your propane tank and supply.
Wildhorse Propane and Appliances has been serving Monterey County and Castroville propane needs since 1980. Our services include:
- Ranch, industry, RVs and other vehicles. Wildhorse can fill your RV tanks, forklifts, propane vehicle tanks and other agricultural and industrial equipment
- Appliance sales. Check out the leading brands of appliances we can install for your newly built or remodeled home.
- Propane gas line installation and inspection services must be done by professionals. Expertise and licensing is required in order to develop a dependable and safe propane system. We have decades of experience installing propane and natural gas lines for professional homebuilders, pool companies, landscapers and public works projects throughout Monterey County and into San Luis Obispo County.
- No-cost bids and estimates. We are always happy to answer your questions and no-cost bids are always provided.
- 24-hour emergency service is essential for top quality customer service and safety. Call us when you need us.
About Castroville, California
Castroville is a rural census designated community in the north end of Monterey County with a population of approximately 6,481. The primary industry is agriculture and artichokes are the leading crop.
Called the “the “Artichoke Capital of the World,” around 70% of the California crop is grown in and around Castroville and Monterey County. California supplies close to 100% of the artichokes to the United States. With over 3,000 acres planted in the tasty thistle, Castroville dominates artichoke production in the U.S.
In the 1920s, a member of the mafia, Ciro Terranova, monopolized the artichoke market by buying up all the shipments from California to New York. He resold the artichokes at considerable profit and in the process, terrorized distributors and produce merchants. He reportedly destroyed artichoke fields by having the plants hacked down in the dead of night. The Terranova “artichoke wars” caused then New York Mayor, Fiorello LaGuardia to declare artichokes illegal in New York City. A week later LaGuardia lifted the ban, admitting he loved the vegetable.
The GPS coordinates for Castroville are 36.7620° N, 121.7518° W.