Propane and agriculture have been working together for over 100 years. The Propane Education and Research Council (PERC) reports that are that over 800,000 farms and ranches in the United States use propane for some phase of their operations. According to the data from PERC, propane-fueled operations include:
- Irrigation engines
- Building heat (including homes and farm buildings)
- Water heating
- Crop dryers
- Light and medium duty vehicles
- Commercial mowers
- Weed control
- Storage and distribution
California Propane reports that propane-fueled irrigation engines cost about half of diesel-fueled engines and propane-fueled wind turbines are a far cleaner choice that coal. In addition, farms and ranches can take advantage of California propane incentive programs.
Storage and distribution
Wildhorse Propane, supplier to Castroville, Monterey County and North San Luis Obispo County, helps agricultural operations with propane needs by:
- Delivering propane
- Providing tanks for storage
- Installing underground gas lines and connections
- • Providing propane appliances
- Consultation on a variety of propane-fueled topics
Top reasons for using propane
Along with the versatility that propane delivers to agriculture other benefits include:
- Heating stock tanks, offices, greenhouses and other buildings
- Lower fuel costs, which add up over time
- Propane burns clean and extends engine life, reducing repairs and maintenance
- Propane is abundant and it’s easy to expand your operations without connecting to the electrical grid
- Environmentally friendly because propane does not contaminate soil or water. Propane produces 11-percent fewer greenhouse emissions than diesel and 24-percent fewer than gasoline.
- Propane doesn’t degrade and can be stored for very long periods of time.
- Propane is a reliable fuel that is not subject to rolling blackouts or surcharges.
- Propane is made in the United States, primarily from natural gas.
Easy service and set up
Wildhorse Propane and Appliances is a family-owned business that has been serving farms and ranches in Monterey and San Luis Obispo counties since 1980. The company’s services include:
- Fueling ranch, industry, RVs and other vehicles—Wildhorse can fill your RV tanks, forklifts, propane vehicle tanks and other agricultural and industrial equipment
- Appliance sales. Check out the leading brands of appliances we can install for your newly built or remodeled home.
- Propane gas line installation and inspection services by professionals—expertise and licensing is required in order to develop a dependable and safe propane system. Wildhorse Propane has decades of experience installing propane and natural gas lines for professional home builders, pool companies, landscaping companies and public works projects throughout Monterey County and into San Luis Obispo County.
- No cost bids and estimates—the staff is always happy to answer your questions and no-cost bids are always provided.
- 24-hour emergency service is essential for top quality customer service and safety.
Call Wildhorse Propane for your propane needs.